Day 9-- Leftovers and Quick meals

September 9th
Breakfast
I enjoyed some more leftover oatmeal. Oatmeal is baffling.  I made twice as much as before and ended up with 4 times the amount of finished product.  How is that even possible?
Lunch
I had a really yummy salad.  Romaine, goat cheese, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, and green onion.  I made a soy sauce, mustard, and olive oil dressing.
Supper
I wanted something toothsome for supper, so I made vegetarian Pho starting with a store bought base for such things.  I chopped up mushrooms, garlic, ginger, and onion for in the broth.  I added fresh basil and chives at the end of cooking.  I also prepared rice noodles to pour the broth over.  It was really good!   I liked the anise  flavor in the broth.  I had a cup of green tea along with it.

Comments

Popular Posts