Day 5 -- A Day of Testing

Breakfast
I had a simple breakfast of Joe's O's with unsweetened almond milk and a touch of coconut sugar.

Lunch

I have long seen the pictures of a grilled avocado, goat cheese, and spinach sandwich on Pinterest.  I wanted to make it, but I haven't had the combination of all those things in the house until today!  So, I made that, and it was delicious.  There really isn't much of a recipe to go along with it, but here is what my sandwich looked like.


Dinner

For supper, I made Ben and I an experiment.  Chicken Tikki Masala with goat's milk yogurt and Gluten-Free Naan.  I followed them pretty much to the letter since I haven't made or tasted these foods before this.  They tasted pretty good, but they aren't winners yet.  For the Tikki Masala, I wouldn't add any salt to the recipe.  I used canned tomatoes, which probably boosted the salt content too much.  Also, for Naan, it is good to have yeast that is very active.  My 5 year old yeast tried its best, but still made for a dense dough.  I think I might try getting the griddle pan really hot on the outdoor grill next time because the house got super smoky from making the naan, and the pan still really wasn't hot enough.  So, while bad naan is better than no naan, I definitely want to experiment with this recipe more before I share it with you.

Snack:

Roasted Seaweed from Trader Joes.

Comments

Popular Posts