A different sort of homemade endeavor

I had intended to share this with my readers when I finished it, but never did.  I'm not sure why.  I will blame the joyfully hectic nature of the holidays.

I have been dabbling in crocheting and knitting.  I really enjoy making those dishcloths that make excellent gifts.  Because I enjoyed making those small items, I decided to try something bigger to give to my boyfriend for Christmas: an afghan.  Since he's tall, I knew I wanted to make a big afghan for him so he wouldn't have to decide between warm feet and legs and warm arms.  I found the perfect pattern.  It required making 8"x16" rectangles, some horizontal and some vertical, of different colors.  You then "sewed" them together.  The final product was about 4 feet wide and over 6 feet tall.  It took me about three months to make.  Here is a picture of it!  I am taking a break and making some smaller things now, but I will likely make more (with a different pattern) soon.  It was fun to watch all the pieces come together into a large final project!

I will have some recipes coming up soon.  I have been experimenting a bit lately, so bear with me while I work towards perfection.

It went so well with my parents' living room furniture, my mom wanted to take it. 

Comments

Popular Posts